There are so many ways you can look back on the year that’s just drawing to an end.
When I stopped to think about the things that had stuck in my mind (my heart) this year, I kept coming back to flowers.
There is something about the feeling of wonder, love, connection and connectedness that I get from taking flower photos learning how to do flower portraits.
Each one: each place, each flower, each moment is etched in my mind (my heart).
- finding the flower (or letting the flower find you)
- bending down and trying to notice, pay attention
- smiling as the flower responds
- getting wet, stung, scratched, stuck
- enjoying a brilliant moment of wonder
- hearing the start of a poem, the whispers of a song line that emerges in response
- recognising the flush of emotion: grateful, and humble
- feeling simply, wildly: alive
There are so many things that get lost in the flash of time, passing.
I am glad that flowers are not one of them.
The collage is of flowers found over the last twelve months.